I suggest changing the color for epic items. It's very easy to confuse with magic items. I only learned that epic items existed 30+ minutes into my 3rd run so it's very easy to confuse. Maybe change it to a green/purple?
A downloadable game for Windows
Forever Loot is a twin-stick-shooter with Diablo-style RPG elements. Shoot your way through the hordes of evil in your quest for increasingly better loot. And you save the world along the way too. Still in development.
The game is in pre-alpha phase and gameplay features are constantly being added and updated. The default mode runs through three normal levels of the same environment followed by that environment boss level. After defeating the three normal bosses, you will face three normal levels of the desert environment (which can spawn any normal enemy), followed by the final boss level to finish the game. With endless mode you can go forever, cycling through bosses and levels at random.
- Customizable difficulty: full control of the increase of power of items and enemies.
- 12 different standard enemies, 3 bosses (aiming at least 4 in total) plus some hidden enemies.
- Both loot and enemies can be of magic, rare or epic quality, each step adding more stats.
- 11 legendary items with unique properties (more on the way).
- 12 different skills to use (more on the way).
- Randomly generated levels, chests, traps and loot.
- Gamepad support and rebindable keyboard and mouse controls (mouse and keyboard are recommended).
Keyboard and mouse (rebindable):
- WASD: move around.
- Left mouse: shoot.
- Right mouse: skill 1.
- 1-4: skill 2-5.
- E: pick up loot and open chests.
- Q: exit level when near an exit.
- Escape: pause menu.
Gamepad (X360 controller):
- Pathfinding and collision detection aren't final and can currently cause problems like the player or the enemies getting stuck in walls.
- Minor framerate drops can be expected. The game needs more optimization. Modern game systems should reach a framerate of 60 most of the time.
- Some crashes and smaller bugs can be expected.
- Game balance is not final.
- Save games made on older versions might be corrupted on newer versions.
0.0.5.0 (October 28th 2016):
- Added the final boss.
- Endless mode is now properly active. This mode will randomly cycle through all the environments and a random boss every three levels with a chance of getting the final boss every four bosses. Saving your progress is possible unless the Hardcore mode is enabled as well.
- The default mode (endless mode off) now runs through an environment for three levels with the specific boss after that those three levels. After the three normal bosses, it will follow with three levels of the desert environment followed by the final boss to finish the game. Saving your progress is possible unless the Hardcore mode is enabled as well.
- Reduced the effect of extra life and armor enemy suffixes from 33% to 25%.
- The regeneration suffix of enemies with the teleport suffix as well will now only work when the enemy is near the player to make regeneration + teleport enemies easier to kill.
- Optimized the level generation.
Full changelog: http://pastebin.com/ziR5g3x4
|Published||312 days ago|
|Release date||312 days ago|
|Tags||Action RPG, Bullet Hell, GameMaker, Loot, Sci-fi, Shoot 'Em Up, Shooter, Top-Down, Top down shooter, Twin Stick Shooter|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Average duration||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers|
Run the installer.
The config file is at C:\users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Forever_Loot\config.ini (Windows 10).
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I see what you mean. The epic items should have a lighter color purple in the next version (changed in version 0.0.3.1).
This game was a lot of fun, as soon as I figured out that the key was not running around like a chicken with my head chopped off. I would love to see more come from this, and perhaps a little more variety of enemies. All in all, a fun game to pass the time with :)
If you'd like to watch me fail at it a few times, check it out here: